Subject code: 17CS45
CLASSES STARTING IN:
This course will enable students to
- Outline software engineering principles and activities involved in building large software programs.
- Identify ethical and professional issues and explain why they are of concern to software engineers.
- Describe the process of requirements gathering, requirements classification, requirements specification and requirements validation.
- Differentiate system models, use UML diagrams and apply design patterns.
- Discuss the distinctions between validation testing and defect testing.
- Recognize the importance of software maintenance and describe the intricacies involved in software evolution.
- Apply estimation techniques, schedule project activities and compute pricing.
- Identify software quality parameters and quantify software using measurements and metrics.
- List software quality standards and outline the practices involved.
- Recognize the need for agile software development, describe agile methods, apply agile practices and plan for agility.